cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Jboss 5 windows Agent installation

Ahmed.Khalil
Maker

Dears,

May i know please how can i install java agent in jboss 5 that is running in windows as i tried to add it but there is no even logs generated at Log folder 

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez for readability

2 REPLIES 2

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Ahmed,

The fact that the agent generated no logs suggests that the agent was never initiated, which suggests that the problem lies in the JVM startup terms.

The documentation for JBoss and Wildfly Startup Settings say:

"Most issues installing the Java Agent on JBoss result from conflicts between startup arguments. That is, settings you add for the Java Agent may be overridden or conflict in other ways with existing arguments. Such issues are not always easy to detect.

The best way to begin troubleshoot such startup issues is to print and inspect the startup arguments that JBoss actually gets when attempting to start."

The suggested remediation is for Linux, but the same applies in a Windows environment.

A good approach is to print out all the JVM arguments from the script and make sure that everything is there. 

Also check the logmanager configuration as described on the documentation page, as the wrong configuration can cause startup failures.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Dears,

the issue was that admin was restarting service from windows services terminal but it was not calling run.bat file that I have modified but after I start service from run.bat agent working correctly 

thanks for your help