cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Applet

Hello,

The customer has java applet embedded on web page.

Do we have any possibilities to monitor java applets ?

Does EUM module can help in this case ?

Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3

Arun.Dasetty
AppDynamics Team

We see this is addressed part of help tickets# 32229

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

how to get to the ticket

herman.gomez
Producer

I was not able to check the ticket mentioned, so I've asked again to Support. Here is the summary of the answer.

.- Java Applet at user browser requires a standard Java agent and will connect to port 8090 of Controller as usual, so it must be open.

.- EUM does not have nothing to do with Java Applets loaded in user browser, at least by default. Perhaps it will show the loading of the static content (the applet code downloaded), but nothing else. But because in my case the applet opens its own HTTP/S connection here the EUM should see (I SUPPOSE) both things, browser requests and Java Applet requests.

.- To start Java Web Start application with the agent (i.e. for Java Applet at user browser),set environment variable JAVAWS_VM_ARGS: JAVAWS_VM_ARGS=-javaagent:<path to javaagent.jar>

.- If necessary, specify other VM options too: JAVAWS_VM_ARGS=-javaagent:<path to javaagent.jar> <other VM options>

.- Other option is to add -javaagent entry in jnlp file as follows under resources element:<resources>  <j2se version java-vm-args="-javaagent:<AppServerAgent_dir> /javaagent.jar" />...

.- You can also try using the environment variable JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-javaagent:/path/to/javaagent.jar" as mentioned in http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/envvars-138887.html#gbmsy

.- If you have proxy between agent and controller network you can add proxy specific jvm args referred in below doc: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Java+Agent+Configuration+Properties#JavaAgentConfiguratio...

I hope this helps everybody!

Regards,

Herman.