cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Agent fails to start

alan.d.dent
Adventurer

When starting the java agent under tomcat 9 using version 4.4.0.4 I get the following exception. The agent is configured in setenv as set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -javaagent:"C:\appdynam\Agents\ver4.4.0.4\javaagent.jar".

Any ideas how to fix this?

Full Agent Registration Info Resolver using selfService [true]
Full Agent Registration Info Resolver using selfService [true]
Full Agent Registration Info Resolver using application name [Trellis]
Full Agent Registration Info Resolver using tier name [ABC]
Full Agent Registration Info Resolver using node name [XYZ]
Install Directory resolved to[C:\appdynam\Agents\ver4.4.0.4]
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.__invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint$1.run(AgentEntryPoint.java:647)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.kernel.JavaAgent.initialize(JavaAgent.java:308)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 25
        at com.singularity.ee.controller.api.constants.AgentType.<clinit>(AgentType.java:55)
        ... 8 more

8 REPLIES 8

Peter.Holditch

What JDK version are you using to run tomcat?

Can you provide your agent logs (they will be in C:\appdynam\Agents\ver4.4.0.4\logs\XYZ)

Warm regards,
Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

The logs directory is empty. I am using jdk1.8.0_144

That is very odd.  I think this is best investigated interactively via a support ticket; could you open one?

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

yes I will.

i do not have access to cretate tickets.

Hi Alan,

that happened to me before (with previous agent versions) and my problem was this (referring to the doc):

The user under which the JVM runs must have write privileges to the conf and logs directories in the Java Agent home. To achieve this, you can install the agent as the same user that owns the JVM or as an administrator on the host machine. You can restrict the remaining contents of the agent directory to read only access.

Did you check if the user has permission to the conf and logs directories? (that could be the reason the log directory is empty)

Best!

Julia

Thanks Julia. I checked the permissions and everything looks good.

Did you get this exception is the past? java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 25

I have a ffeling that the error occurs before it writes to any logs.

Hi Alan,

not so far :(

I hope you can solve this!

Best,

Julia