cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Agent 4.2 compatibility with Weblogic 12.2.1.3

We are standing up new environment where few our applicaitons are hosted on Weblogic 12.2.1.3, OS Redhat 7.4, JDK 1.8.0_131

Java agent (4.2.13.1) is not able to startup successfully. I dont see any errors on the server.out file or no log files on the agent log path. Macihne agent is able to run on the same platform without any issues.

Upon reviewing the compatability matrix I didnt see Weblogic 12.2 version as supported. Does anyone faced the same challenge?

4 REPLIES 4

Peter.Holditch

Version 4.3.x of the agent was where we introduced support for java 8

You will need to use v4.3 or higher of the agent to instrument any java 8 JVM

Actually, I take that back; 4.2 did include java 8 support.  What happens when WebLogic fails to start?  Do you get any error output?

Please note, however, v4.2 of the product has now reached its end of life.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks for the reply, Now I understand the compatibility with 4.3 and JDK 8. Would the agent 4.3 compatible with WebLogic 12.2. I wanted to get confirmation before going the path of upgrade (would the agent upgrade need controller upgrade as well?).

Note: We do have some 4.2 version agents monitoring JDK 1.8 bootstrap applications

Application startup without any issues. weblogic and app are healthy.

I see the below error in the log. I have another bootstrap apps on the box which is working fine.

Could not resolve Agent installation directory, please restart with system property appagent.install.dir

Starting WLS with line:
/spectrum/apps/java/jdk1.8.0_131/bin/java -server -Xms256m -Xmx512m -cp /spectrum/apps/Oracle_home/wlserver/server/lib/weblogic-launcher.jar -Dlaunch.use.env.classpath=true -Dweblogic.Name=OfgwServer02 -Djava.security.policy=/spectrum/apps/Oracle_home/wlserver/server/lib/weblogic.policy -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=true -Dweblogic.system.BootIdentityFile=/spectrum/apps/domains/ofgw_domain/servers/OfgwServer02/data/nodemanager/boot.properties -Dweblogic.nodemanager.ServiceEnabled=true -Dweblogic.nmservice.RotationEnabled=true -javaagent:/spectrum/apps/AppDynamics/Agent/javaagent.jar -Dappdynamics.appagent.install.dir=/spectrum/apps/AppDynamics/Agent/ -Dappdynamics.controller.hostName=sc58lapdp01.corp.chartercom.com -Dappdynamics.controller.port=8090 -Dappdynamics.agent.applicationName=APO_NextGen2.0 -Dappdynamics.agent.tierName=OFGW_NCE_A -Dappdynamics.agent.nodeName=PROD_OfgwServer02 -server -d64 -DGW_HOME=/spectrum/apps/GatewayHome/OFGW -DGW_Implementation_Name=OFGW-PROD -Dweblogic.wsee.skip.async.response=true -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=/specturm/apps/GatewayHome/OFGW/lib/drools61 -DUseSunHttpHandler=true -DSimulatorCacheFlag=false -DauthType=DB -DGW_Instance_Name=OFGW-PROD_02 -Xloggc:/spectrum/apps/domains/ofgw_domain/servers/OfgwServer02/logs/GC.log -Djava.io.tmpdir=/spectrum/apps/domains/ofgw_domain/servers/OfgwServer02/tmp_ofgw_OfgwServer02 -DconfigFileLocation=/spectrum/apps/domains/ofgw_domain/config -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/spectrum/apps/domains/ofgw_domain/servers/OfgwServer02/logs -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/spectrum/apps/domains/ofgw_domain/servers/OfgwServer02/logs -DlogLocation=/spectrum/apps/GatewayHome/OFGW/logs/OFGW-PROD_02 -Djava.system.class.loader=com.oracle.classloader.weblogic.LaunchClassLoader -da -Dwls.home=/spectrum/apps/Oracle_home/wlserver/server -Dweblogic.home=/spectrum/apps/Oracle_home/wlserver/server -Dweblogic.management.server=http://ngpofgw01chdcnc.nextgen.nce.charter.com:7001 weblogic.Server
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0

Able to resolve this by adding this argument.

-Dappagent.install.dir=/spectrum/apps/AppDynamics/Agent