Java (Java Agent, Installation, JVM, and Controller Installation)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Creator

Installation

How can i install Java agent in linux jboss server when download from download center the video shows steps of agent downloaded from start wizard
Installation
4 REPLIES 4
Architect

Re: Installation

Not sure i understand your question fully but looks like you want to install java agent for jbosss on linux server?

You can download the zip and unzip on the server.

Creator

yes u have got it right .i have downloaded agent java jboss agent and extrated it in server

what will be my next step. actually i read from document but can't get it .

means for jboss we have put -javaagent fullpath in start script can u please tell me how to do that and how to connect if my agent and controller are in different machine.

Highlighted
Creator

it is in linux

You are correct that you need to add the -javaagent option to your JBoss start script.

I am not sure if you have reviewed the instructions in the documentation which describes how to do this for JBoss; if so, does it raise any specific questions?

In terms of connecting the agent to the controller, you need to provide a controller-host and contoller-port setting that is used by the agent to locate the controller.  If these point to a remote controller, that is what the agent will connect to.

controller host and controller port can be set in the agent's controller-info.xml file, or as system properties on the JVM command line, as described in the general agent configuration documentation.

I hope this information helps.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.