cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to parse a list of custom objects in Java?

Harshad.Loya

Hi,

I am trying to create an information point to collect metrics on a a particular method of a particular class getting called.

I want to customize this information point to calculate metrics based on certain values being present in the parameter object of the method. So I am using the match condition.

I have 2 options of classes with their methods to be used.

1st Option - doesnt have a toString() implementation so I have to use the Getter Chain.

2nd Option - my method is a private method but the parameter object has both toString() implementation and Getter Chains.

Already tried the following and am facing certain issues on each:

1. I tried to use regex on toString() of the parameter of my 2nd option but for some reason its not getting any metric counts. I dont see any errors on the controller but its not working.

2. I tried to do getX().getY().toString() in Option 1 using Getter chain but still aint getting any metrics. 
3. I tried to use just the getX().getY().getZ() using Getter Chain (with both Option 1 and 2) but I am stuck at a condition.
getZ() returns a list of custom objects.
For example the custom object:

Person {
String name;
int age;
int somethingElse;
}
(assuming there are getters, setters, hashcode, equals and toString defined)

How do I do list contains name = "Harshad" ? The object with name "Harshad" can be at any index but it will be available only once.
I am assuming I need to use "contains". But how?
Can someone give some examples?
1 REPLY 1

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi

When doing live preview, what does the data look like?

Can you do a live preview on the second option, and show what your class/method data returns?

Just hide sensitive data , if any

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A