cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Obtain a Triggered Health Rule Alert/Event Programmatically (Java)

Malvon.Kamil

Hi,

I have a need to periodically pull a specific health rule to identify whether a violation has occurred. This needs to be done through a Java program in order to trigger some other events in our applications.

I understand that AppDynamics offers several health rule related APIs, specified here: https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.3/en/extend-appdynamics/appdynamics-apis/alert-and-respond-api/healt...

However, I cannot find one to provide a health rule is being violated at a given time.

My question is, is there such API exposed by App Dynamics to listen to such event by periodically pulling such information, preferably an HTTP request?

1 REPLY 1

Hiroki.Ito
AppDynamics Team

Hi @Malvon.Kamil ,

Thank you for posting to the community.

There is an API which returns all health rules violations for a given application.
Please see document below and search for "Retrieve All Health Rule Violations in a Business Application".

Retrieve All Health Rule Violations in a Business Application

Returns all health rule violations that have occurred in an application within a specified time frame. 

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.