cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we cast objects in getter chain?

rajkumarr
Adventurer

Document [1] doesn't talk about how we can cast an object and use getter chains on that.

For example, ((MySecondClass) myFirstObject.myFirstMethod()).mySecondMethod() How do I do this in Appdynamics?

[1] https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Using+Getter+Chains

4 REPLIES 4

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi, what types of objects are you trying to cast? I see that the documentation covers examples for the following:

• HTTP Request Objects
  • Hashmap values
  • Dictionary objects

I think it depends on the type of object -- if you can share that with me I can find an example for you, and update the docs.

Cody

Hi Cody,

I'm using data collectors, and instrumenting on org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.Axis2Sender class' sendBack(org.apache.synapse.MessageContext smc) method.

I want to use getter chain on the method parameter (smc), but I can't use one direclty, I need to first cast org.apache.synapse.MessageContext to org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.Axis2MessageContext and then invoke getter chain on the casted object.

How do I do this?

Regards

Raj

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Great question. I don't know -- let me ask the team internally and I'll get back to you.

Cody

Hi Raj,

You need not cast object here. I understand that org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.Axis2MessageContext  implements org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.MessageContext. So when you define data collector, at run time the getter chain will be invoked on implementing object.

You can define DC on

Class :org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.Axis2MessageContext 

Method: sendBack

0th param.<getterchain>

Hope that answers your query.

Thanks

Rajesh