cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get value of a HTTP POST method parameter using Data Collector

0210mukesh
Builder

Hi All,

I have configured Data Collectors to collect values of some HTTP parameters in Transaction Snapshots and it works fine with the parameters for HTTP Get method but it doesn't work with the parameters for HTTP Post method.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Mukesh Singh

5 REPLIES 5

Atyuha.Pal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Mukesh,

Could you please share the configuration of data collector in edit view as well as zip file of agent log to debug it further.

Please make sure that you are selecting the correct option(Ex getter chain,return value) to collect the data or it will  not return any data.

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Atyuha,

Thanks for your response. Getter Chain and Response value is not applicable here because I am referring to HTTP Data collector. I have attached agent logs along with the screenshot capturing HTTP parameters, Transaction Name and Data Collector in edit mode.

Thanks,

Mukesh Singh

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks for providing the request screenshots and details.

Could you please create new HTTP data collector as details provided below and highlighted in attached screenshot.

Display Name -> ALL
Http parameter Name -> *

With help of this data collector configuration, Agent should be able to capture all the parameters (GET/POST) and associated values in transaction snapshots-> call graph-> Data Collector section.

If you want to configure some specific parameter only, you can select from here and configure the same.

Hope it will help to resolve your query.

Please let us know, if you have any question or face any issue.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Ashish,
Thanks a ton for your response. Will try tomorrow and let u know.

Regards,
Mukesh Singh

Hi Ashish,

Adding "*" as parameter value has solved my problem to around 90% because now I am able to see all post and get method values but still some of the post parameters display as blank which I feel is a security measure to protect data. For example, the post method of a transaction contains credit card number and the same is not displayed in data collectors. It will be really helpful if you clarify.

Thanks,

Mukesh Singh