cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR NetVizAgentRequest - Fatal transport error while connecting to URL

Adrian.Blakey
Creator

How do I turn off the attempted communication from the JavaAgent to the Network Visibility agent?

The JavaAgent running in a docker image emits this error message periodically to its log:

[AD Thread Pool-Global9] 12:57:01,474 ERROR NetVizAgentRequest - Fatal transport error while connecting to URL [http://127.0.0.1:3892/api/agentinfo?timestamp=0&agentType=APP_AGENT&agentVersion=0.3.0]: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to 127.0.0.1:3892 [/127.0.0.1] failed: Connection refused (Connection refused)

I gather we do not have a license for the NVA - so do not need this.

Also, is there any reason to have all the logging levels in the Java agent set to INFO? A huge amount of noise is generated that does not seem to have much value - might it be better to choose ERROR?

4 REPLIES 4

Rana.ElBasyone
Discoverer

I'm facing the same issue also, how did you fix this?

Regards,
Rana ElBasyone

Hi, you will need to check if you have licensing for Netviz and configure it if needed.

To remove the noise you can do either or both

1. Set a node property as follows for the Java nodes(If you want to keep the netviz folder, or can't remove it)

socket-enabled = False(use boolean values)

This will disable/ignore netviz

2. Complete remove the netviz folder from the agent directory below

ver20.x.x\external-services\

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Michael.Green
Producer

Yesterday, when I viewed this topic, there was a response, but today, I cannot see the response.

Hi @Michael.Green,

I'm not aware of any new response that came in for this post. If you got an email, can you take a screen shot of it and send me a private message through the community?

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.