cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Agent Issue

lucky.bakshi
Voyager

Installed DB Agent and it started successfully from linux. Installed Java Agent and it is working perfectly fine.

However, getting issue  when I see the status of the collector in the controller "Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

I am using linux system and database MYSQL is in the folder of EC2 instance /var/mysql

Any information will help

Regards,

Lucky

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @lucky.bakshi,

Those notification messages in the database.log mean that a MySQL client is failing to login with the DB root password.

This can happen if for example the Enterprise Console has the wrong DB root password and keeps trying to login to do its health check every minute.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thanks Ryan for help,

The DB password in the collector is correct.

I tried done something in database to correct this error however it did not work 

/var/lib/mysql

update mysql.user update set plugin='auth_socket'

where user ='root'

Now, it is not allowing me to connect to database  and in the AppDynamics controller getting error "Plugin auth_socket is not loaded'. In both places getting same error.

Regards,

Lucky

Hi @lucky.bakshi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't have any further next steps right now. If I find anything, I'll share it here. 

If you find a solution or have any further comments, be sure to leave them as a reply to your post here too.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.