cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple java applications for one controller

avinash.kumar

Hi,

I created one java agent application(applicationpoc) in AppDynamics, now I am trying to create one more application (app2) manually using the same java agent. I created a tier (tier2)for app2 from the Tiers & Nodes menu on the left-hand side, but I could not find any way out to link or create a node to tier2. 

Please help me on how to create a node or link a node for tier2.

Thanks,

Avinash

Email [Redacted]

Unable to create and link nodesUnable to create and link nodesApplications.pngfirstapp.png

4 REPLIES 4

Peter.Holditch

Avinash,

A since JVM (agent) can only report as a node to one application.

Can I ask what you're trying to achieve?

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Peter ,

Presently, I am trying to create two applications on AppDynamics through the same java agent for monitoring java applications deployed in Tomcat Server,in order to achieve this, I created my second application(say app2) and to move ahead a created a tier( say tier2) to that but I was not able to link or create a node my second application's tier(tier2) as in "no_nodes.jpeg" attached.

Kindly see all the three screenshots attached.

My aim is also to figure out how we can segregate data in AppDynamics if we have multiple applications. To understand whether we can group them etc.

Thanks

Avinash Kumar

Avinash,

The notion of a java applicaton (war, ear, etc) does not map to the AppDynamics notion of an application which is intended to model multiple tiers of logic that work together to deliver some higher level goal.

You will need to use BT naming rules to identify your business transactions and if it's useful,  you could use BT grouping to group transactions from different applications.

Warm regards,

Peter.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Peter,
Do we have any grouping logic for multiple AppDynamics's accounts or applications.
Say, we have multiple appdynamics accounts in the same organizations....
for example:
X is the account owner-
How would I segregate Y's application and Z's application.
Is it possible to group them ?
Can we have a short call Peter?
Thanks
Avinash