cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Database Backup & Restore

niki.pollock
Wanderer

Hi,

I am looking for any comments based on real-world experience from the Appdynamics community on backup and restore of the Controller database. Our Controller is on a Linux platform and we use Commvault in our environment. Does anyone have any experience using Commvault to take hot backups of the Appdynamics Controller database please? (We are aware of the Apppdynamics recommendations and location of documentation referring to backups/restores). Any advice based on experience greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Niki

2 REPLIES 2

Mohammed.Rayan
AppDynamics Team

Niki,

IMO,if the tool Commvault is able to backup sql data in binary ,then you can use it.

I understand you have already gone through our docs and recommendations on the same.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Controller+Data+Backup+and+Restore#ControllerDataBackupan...

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Saradhi.Potharaju
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

I have not come across a case where hot backup was successfully taken using Commvault. Commvault was intermittently losing connections to mysql.
"Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table 'xxx "

Regards,
Saradhi