cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Wildfly running on Java 11

Mikhail.Chibel

Hi there, 

I'm trying to configure appDynamic agent for Wildfly 10 and Java 11 following the installation manual https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/LATEST/JBoss+and+Wildfly+Startup+Settings and came accross a problem there the application will not start compalining that the 

-Xbootclasspath/p

JVM option is not allowed in Java 11. There is an option to use -Xbootclasspath/a but in that case I have a error saying that log manager cannot be found. Do I use outdated version of the installation manual? 

Everything works perfectly in java 8 but not in 9,10,11. For refernce I tried to all Wildfly versions from 10 to 16. Any help is highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Peter.Holditch

Mikhail,

Have you tried without the bootclasspath option?  In many cases that is not needed, as noted below the numbered steps in the documentation you linked.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi, 

Yep, tried to remove whole log manager configuration row 

rem set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager -Xbootclasspath/p:=d:/wildfly-10.1.0.Final/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/logmanager/main/jboss-logmanager-2.0.4.Final.jar

and it seems to work fine in both java 8 and java 11. 

Thanks,