cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Exit call at agent level

Alexandre.Mechain
Adventurer

Hi, 

Is there's a way to define a custom exit point in any agent configuration file so when the agent is massively deployed on hundreds of JVM for multiple applications, this configuration is set by default for all agents?

I tried to look in app-agent-config without success. Can I use the custom-correlation file to do so or is there any other way? 

Alex 

5 REPLIES 5

Atyuha.Pal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Alex,

I am afraid there is no such configuration we can do in any agent config file. Also, as per the doc we can configure the custom exit point rule from ui.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Exit+Point+Detection+Rules#ExitPointDetectionRules-Tocrea...

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Shwetha.Gattu
Creator

Any chance this is available now?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Shwetha.Gattu,

I reached out to Atyuha and they mentioned the way they suggested is still the only way. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Shwetha.Gattu
Creator

Can this be done as Feature request, we are Control center IOT team in Cisco, we can coordinate on explaining the usecases.

We need it to be in preconfigured for all the java agents as we have multiple environments and don't want to create everytime for each instrumented application.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Shwetha.Gattu,

You can submit it as a feature request here: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/ideas

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.