cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration feedback from Controller to JVM Agent

Hi

This might appear to be a silly question especially because I believe I know the answer...

The scenario is that I have a JVM Tier instrumented with a Java Agent. This tier has some BT's that I do not want to instrument. Some of these generates a lot of traffic even though it's not of interest for my business monitoring.  So I go into the controller and exclude these BT's.

Now my question is: Will the JVM-agent know that I have excluded these BT's and stop reporting metrics for these transactions?  Or will it still continue to send the "excluded" metrics and leave it to the Controller to filter out these BT's?

Kjell-Einar Ofstad
3 REPLIES 3

Peter.Holditch

The exclusion will be actioned on the agent side, so the agent will ignore the excluded activity.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Ok, thank you @Peter.Holditch. That was what I hoped for... Anyhow, do you know if this is documented anywhere?

Kjell-Einar Ofstad

Kjell-Einar,

It's at least implied in the documentation here

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.