cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed SQL Capture to Capture Raw SQL now getting Max SQL Capture Length [999] Reached

craig.sanborn
New Poster

Just recently changed SQL Capture settings from Filter Parameter Values to Capture Raw SQL.  

Parameter values are now displaying fine, however, longer sql queries are now being truncated to 999 characters and seeing "Max SQL Capture Length [999] Reached" at the end of the SQL.  They weren't previously being truncated before changing the setting.

Can someone let me know which setting/configuration controls this 999 limit?  Google and searches on this site haven't turned up anything.

Thanks,

Craig

3 REPLIES 3

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Craig,

I found this post which I think has the solution at the bottom. Let me know if that works for you:

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Archive-AppDynamics-Discussions/Increase-the-size-of-the-Detail...

Cody

Thanks Cody,

I had also seen that post but was a little apprenhensive about adding a custom configuration and a new property - but after your post I bit the bullet and it did indeed work.  Adding new agent property max-length-batch-sql to custom node configuration as Integer(5000) in my case worked great.

Thanks,

Craig

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Cool! Glad I was able to find that for you.

Cody