cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application was unable to connect to database after setting up java agent in app server due to ssl error

Ganesh.Balagam
Explorer

Hi,

After installing java agent we observe application db calls were not reaching database due to the below SSL error.

Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "Server chose TLSv1, but that protocol version is not enabled or not supported by the client.". ClientConnectionId:32851fac-b35c-4e22-b400-802110ad047b

We also tried to connect the controller with a non-https controller host in controller-info.xml the following error is seen.

[AD Thread Pool-Global0] 05 Dec 2019 14:43:05,100 ERROR ConfigurationChannel - HTTP Request failed: HTTP/1.1 302 Found
[AD Thread Pool-Global0] 05 Dec 2019 14:43:05,100 WARN ConfigurationChannel - Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get initialization information, controller host

We don't have the DB that supports the TLSv1 protocol. Can you please help us to disable this protocol or any other approach to resolve this issue.

The app is working and connecting to DB without the provided java agent jar.

Regards,

Ganesh Balagam

4 REPLIES 4

Peter.Holditch

Ganesh,.

You need to set the appdynamics.agent.tls.allowedAlgorithms system property on the JVM command line to allow use of TLSv1: 

-Dappdynamics.agent.tls.allowedAlgorithms=TLSv1

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Peter,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to elaborate on the exact issue I'm facing:

The DB I'm using serves all the network calls without any security i.e SSL etc. It's built-in that way. Right now after placing the java agent Jar file in our App server all the network calls were being encrypted with TLSv1 security protocol. 

Due to the above change, all the requests from the application to the database are failing with the error shown in our previous message.

My question here is, We do want to use the AppDynamics performance monitoring with our App and DB but we want to disable the security shipped in with it. Is there any other procedure we could follow to overcome this?

Else, Please let me know if I am missing something or any other setup that needs to be done to overcome the same.

Your help is deeply appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh

Ganesh,

That is a most surprising observation!  

Without digging deeper into what is going on, I am not sure what to suggest.  The best path forward will be to open a support ticket and have a support engineer dig into the details of what is going on.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi @Ganesh.Balagam 

Even I'm facing the same issue. Did the issue get fixed? If so, could you please help with the solution provided,