cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appdynamics only showing Memory based metrics. Java API using spring 5 + Reactor + Spring boot 2

reece.nash
Explorer

Using the tech stack above, appdynamics only shows Memory metrics and JMX. I assume the above libraries are too new for appdynamics support. Am I able to manually add api endpoints using class names and methods?

3 REPLIES 3

Peter.Holditch

Reece,

You can absolutely add custom "POJO" entry points and custom exit points to detect activity within any framework that is not supported out of the box.

Exactly what entries and exits is your application using?

Warm regards,
Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Peter,

Ive added our own packages to the POJO entry points and it detects that theyre being hit, however response times dont work, I believe due to the nature of "reactive" frameworks ie a business transaction doesnt take place on the same thread. From what I can gather theyre created and deleted indirectly of the preceeding operation.

Is there anyway I can get response times at all?

Thanks,

Reece

Reece,

For now, you can configure a method to serve as an asynchronous transaction demarcator (presumably, the method which sends the reply) and that will measure the response time for you.

Is your code running in the context of a Spring Boot 2 servlet?  If so, once we have added out of the box configuration for spring boot 2 then the ttransactions should be detected automatically with the correct response times.

Warm regards,
Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.