cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appdynamics agent does not start - NoClassDefFoundError org/wildfly/common/net/HostName

Fabian.Toapanta
Producer

Currently, application agents are being installed on a Jboss server which, when the standalone.sh and standalone.conf file are being configured does not start the server and it presents the following error

ihopkpeofmhdgdih (1).png

2 REPLIES 2

Mika.Sasaki
AppDynamics Team

Thanks for posting the question on the Community.

It seems that you need to initialize the JVM, to install the Java Agent on JBoss EAP or JBoss Wildfly, Run the following parameter:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman,com.singularity,org"

If you do not initialize the JVM, the installation throws a "class not found" exception.

You can find the all installation process on the latest installation document: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/JBoss+and+Wildfly+Startup+Settings#JBossandWildflyStartup...

Let me know if this helped you.

Many thanks,

Mika

Hello,

as I am a complete Wildfly n00b and I have never worked with Wildfly (I worked only with Tomcat till now) and now I need to instrument a Wildfly Application, what does the following instruction actually mean?

To install the Java Agent on JBoss EAP or JBoss Wildfly, you need to initialize the JVM. Run the following parameter:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman,com.singularity"

If you do not initialize the JVM, the installation throws a "class not found" exception. 

Do I have to execute it in the command line or do I have to add this into the standalone.sh script? And how and where?

As I said, today is the first day, where I was confronted with Wildfly, but I need to instrument it with AppD for a customer, so sorry fo my b00n question