cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Agent not reporting to Controller

Falco.Schwarz
Producer

Hi there,

we have an issue with one of our applications using appdynamics.

We are using the java app agent to monitor multiple Websphere Liberty installations.

The application has a production environment and multiple staging / test environments. One of the test environments works without any issue (this seems to be the first stage that we installed the app agent on). For the other stages the agent still shows on the controller, but there are no metrics being reported in the UI.

Controller Version: 20.11.5-1987

Agent Version: 21.4.0.32403 v21.4.0

I have a debug zip for the agents on production which are not reporting.

Could you point us where to look for errors or what might be the configuration error?

Regards,

Falco

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Falco.Schwarz,

There are a few existing posts with a similar issue that have a solution. Please check these out and see if they help.

Java agent not reporting to the controller 

Agent not reporting any data to controller - AppD version 4.3.8 

Why is the Java Agent not reporting to the Controller? 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez,

thank you for pointing out similar issues. It seems, as if the problem would fit in with the first post.

Although there is no data being reported the agent agailability still shows as "1".

(Metric Browser > AIP > "Tier" > Individual Nodes > "Node" > Agent > App > Availability)

However I just discovered that there were no configured Business Transactions. It seems that somehow the default transactions were missing after creating the application. After manually creating the Auto Discovery Rule the Business Transactions started to show up.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Falco

Hi @Falco.Schwarz,

I'm glad I was able to help! Thanks for doing a bit more investigating and sharing your results!

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.