cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Agent load not showing in UI

Arun.Koul
Voyager

Hi,

My java agent is running but the metrics are not flowing to the Sas controller (via proxy). All the config's seems to be correct but when I check the logs, I see the below errors ("Metric reporter queue full")

Capture.PNGAny suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Peter.Holditch

Arun,

The read timeouts that you highlighted in the log extract you posted indicate there is some issue preventing the agent communicating with the controller.

There may be more specific messages earlier in the agent log, when the agent made the initial connection that should help you diagnose what is wrong.

Can you successfully access the controller login page via your proxy using curl from the box where the agent is running?  Have you double-checked your proxy configuration, both at the proxy and on the agent side?

Warm regards,

Peter.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks Peter for the input. 

I tried curl from the server where my agent is running to the controller via the proxy and it went through, so the connectivity is there!

But while checking the agent logs further I can see the below errors:

1. "Metric reporter queue full, dropping metrics"

2. Fatal transport error while connecting to URL, ConnectTimeoutException" (Via proxy)

3. "Error sending metrics to Controller"

Can it be due to the session timeout value lesser than that what is required for agent? 

Regards,

Arun Koul

Has anyone come across this error?

Arun,

It's good you have established that the basic proxy configuration works.

What kind of proxy is it?  Does it simply allow access to any resource on the proxied host:port combination, or does it filter based on URL? 

What do you see in the agent log if you  simply run

java -javaagent:/<path-to-agent>/javaagent.jar -Dappdynamics.controller.hostName=<controller-host> -Dappdynamics.controller.port=<controller-port> -Dappdynamics.agent.applicationName=Test -Dappdynamics.agent.tierName=Test -Dappdynamics.agent.nodeName=Test   –Dappdynamics.http.proxyHost=<proxy-host>  –Dappdynamics.http.proxyPort=<proxy-port> -version

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.