cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent is not getting instaniated

vinodkar87
New Poster

Our application is Play 2.5.8 which use activator to run/compile.  I installed the controller in my localhost and can view the controller dashboard.  I downloaded the agent AppServerAgent-4.3.0.2, extracted and added the  javaagent javaoptoin in my application build.sbt 

javaOptions in run += "-javaagent:/Appdynamics/AppServerAgent-4.3.0.2/javaagent.jar"

When i start the application, no logs are generated in the agent and also agent is not displaying in dashboard

Then tried to add the running JVM

java -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_112/lib/tools.jar" -jar /Appdynamics/AppServerAgent-4.3.0.2/javaagent.jar 28900

I'm getting below error

Attaching to VM [26536]
java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: com.sun.tools.attach.spi.AttachProvider: Provider sun.tools.attach.WindowsAttachProvider could not be instantiated
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:753)
Caused by: com.sun.tools.attach.AttachNotSupportedException: no providers installed
at com.sun.tools.attach.VirtualMachine.attach(VirtualMachine.java:203)
... 5 more
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:753)
Caused by: com.sun.tools.attach.AttachNotSupportedException: no providers installed
... 5 more

Please help me to configure this

7 REPLIES 7

Jean-Baptiste.Marzolf
AppDynamics Team (Retired)
The option for AppDynamics agent is -javaagent not -jar

prabhakar7691
Voyager

Hi Vinod,

i am getting same problem while attaching agent to running JVM.

Could you please help if you resolved issue earlier.

C:\Windows\system32> java -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\lib\tools.jar" -jar "C:\appagent\ver4.2.0.0\javaagent.jar" 2872
Attaching to VM [2872]
java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: com.sun.tools.attach.spi.AttachProvider: Provider sun.tools.attach.WindowsAttachProvider could not be instantiated
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:658)
... 5 more

Any response to this?

Hi,

I came to know to about an issue, i ran the command differnet server thats why exception generated

What is the means of different server i am also getting same please help me

rahul.chandwadkar
Adventurer

have Also observed same error. please help to resolve this and connect the java agent to AppDynamics.

Any update on this ( connect of java agent to AppDynamics), am stuck due to this & unable to use AppDynamics for java resources.