cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition to our packages

mandar.kadam
New Poster

HI.

We are often hitting a bytecode limit in AppDynamics. There are examples of this in the production logs (officially undocumented that this is an issue):

[TimeseriesDispatcher] Method excluded because Cannot instrument class com/..../oet/server/services/instrument/history/TimeseriesServiceImpl$TimeseriesUpdater for interceptor class com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.services.transactionmonitor.c because maximum 50 transformations exceeded for package prefix com....

So what should be done to avoid this limit

kindly help me in this

Thanks Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Radhika.Puthiyetath
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi @mandar.kadam

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing bytecode issue on the AppDynamics Controller. To dig into the issue, would you mind sharing some insights, such as the version of Controller you are using, type of deployment (upgrade or fresh install), version of the Agents, and any other info which is not confidential.

Hi Radhika,

thanks for your reply,

controller version - 4.4.3.4, build 4.4.3.20077

Agent version - 4.2.14.0

FYI, Its not a fresh install

And as per my knowledege 

to avoid those limit we can add below mentioned agent property :

-Dappdynamics.bciengine.limit.package.qualifiers=7

Why?

The above mentioned property lets the bytecode instrumentation engine detect more remote services or service endpoints automatically.

Is my finding correct???

Regards,

Mandar Kadam

Hi Radhika,

Have you got any solution as its long time pending.

Regards,

Mandar

Hi have the same issue and I have setted the parameter "-Dappdynamics.bciengine.limit.package.qualifiers=7"

but the issue persist.

Luciano

The package qualifiers limit increase should resolve the issue.

We will need agent logs to investiagte why this has not happened in your case; the best way to share these would be via a support ticket.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.