cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Monitoring using server visibility

Rohit.Sharma
Producer

Hi,

I have checked the official doc for volume metrics in server visibility but unable to comprehend it clearly, so in other words here is my requirement:
- We want to monitor all volumes like /tmp, /var, /var/log
-Monitoring should be dynamic, which means if tomorrow any mount point is removed/added appd should automatically start that monitoring
-Should we create individual conditions for every volume or use the metric: Hardware Resources|Volumes|Used(%) ?

3 REPLIES 3

Atul.Wadyalkar
Wanderer

even i am searchingfor this answer- please update me as well.

Jim.Zimmer
Creator

There is a ServerMonitoring.yml file under <machine agent home>/extensions/ServerMonitoring/conf directory.

Under the section, VolumeMonitorConfig, there is a maxNumberVolumes parameter that is defaulted to 5.  Changing this value and restarting the MA will increase or decrease the number of volumes seen under Volumes in Servers.  I can't speak to the other requests but that is a start if you haven't already receive an answer or given up.  Note that an upgrade will overwrite this value.  I know because I have done this before and was on here searching how to do it again when I stumbled onto your thread.  Good luck!

Jim.Zimmer
Creator

and I take that back in that we have a health rule that says if any partition is over a certain percentage, throw and alert.  Here is the custom metric:

Hardware Resources|Volumes|*|Used(%)