cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we able to monitor server logs in AppDynamics using log monitoring extensions?

Eshwar.Katakam
Creator

Hi,

Can anyone help with this?

I just saw the Appdynamic Extension for Log Monitoring so with this extension only are we able to monitor server logs in AppDynamics because we configured our SQL Servers to app dynamics but we haven't got any log related data on AppDynamics.

We have two SQL Servers we need to monitor logs hitting those servers and find out error and warns logs 

Anyone can help me out on this

Thanks

Eshwar

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez for formatting

4 REPLIES 4

Balakrishna.Vadavalasa
AppDynamics Team

Hi Eshwar,

We would recommend going through the extension documentation (https://www.appdynamics.com/community/exchange/extension/log-monitoring-extension/) and giving it a try once. In case of any difficulty, please raise a support ticket by emailing [Redacted] with all the config and log files.

Thanks

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez to redact an email address. Please do not share email addresses in community posts for security and privacy reasons.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks for the information 

Hi App Support,

I have logs from AWS s3 and dumping them into the Linux server. I need to monitor the logs and see error snapshots and should display them on the dashboard. I don't need metrics. I need errors and their stack trace when I drill down the snapshot.

Thanks

MK

Hello, 

At this time, the extension does not support this feature. This will be made available in the next release, and users will have the ability to send actual error statements and stack traces to the AppDynamics Events Service.

We do not have a timeline for the next release. 

Thanks,

Aditya