Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.
AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.
In Windows Server, the URL Monitoring Extension of v2.2.0 on Machine agent of v21 is crashing intermittently. The extension is failed to report the metrics on to the Controller during the crash time. But the Machine agent is sending all the Infra metrics to the controller.
I tried with heap increment for xmX & smX values and tried with metric registration limit to maximum level but these options are not resolving the issue.
However, once I restarted the Machine agent service, the URL monitoring extension could start reporting it's metrics. This process is being repeated for 5 to 6 times per day.
Can someone please help me.
Thanks in advance!
Have you been able to find a solution to this issue? As I understand it, since access to your configuration files and debug logs would be needed, opening a Support ticket is recommended.
In case it's useful, here's a reference: How do I submit a Support ticket, an FAQ
Claudia Landivar, Community Manager & Editor
We experience a similar issue at times (once or twice a week) with the v2.1 version of the extension.
The v22.1 Machine Agent runs on Windows with 2 other extensions.
The URL monitoring metrics would stop reporting in while the SIM and other extension's metrics continue to report in as normal. MA metrics and memory allocation also updated over time, but it is difficult to tell if that worked as a temporary fix of if a simple MA restart does the trick.
One thing I picked out from the logs the previous time it happened:
03RNB-APPDDBM==> [Agent-Monitor-Scheduler-4] 07 Nov 2022 06:31:04,956 ERROR MonitorExecutorServiceModule-URL Monitor - Queue Capacity reached!! Rejecting runnable tasks..
Screenshot from one of the dashboards used to monitor the MA that hosts extensions.
(Shows when the URL monitoring extension breaks)
At the moment I do maintenance restarts at least once a week, and not sure about the exact cause.
Thats a lot of restarts, there must be something to change that would at the very least reduce that number.
Here are some of our stats in case it can help you tweak things a bit.
I try to make the Xmx value slightly more than the consumption we see.
(Mine is probably higher than yours might be because of the other extensions on this MA.
We monitor around 130 URLs with the extension.
Metrics uploaded by the Extension
Thread setting in extension config file