Infrastructure (Server, Network, Database)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone Machine agent not collecting CPU and Disk related metrics

I have installed Standalone Machine agent on unix machine and it is not collecting CPU and Disk related metrics, It collects only Memory metrics. In fact it collected all the metrics (CPU, Memory,Disk) for intial 2-3 days, but it stopped after that. Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Architect

Re: Standalone Machine agent not collecting CPU and Disk related metrics

is the agent status showing as 100% on the controller?

What do you see the log files? (machineagent_home/logs/machineagent.log

Any thing that changed on the server in the last 2-3 days?

Highlighted

Yes, machine agent status showing as 100% in controller console.

I see below message in machine agent log.

"[extension-scheduler-pool-0] 14 Jul 2017 06:39:33,072  WARN SimBasicDecider - Basic metrics are not being collected by any monitor!"

There is no change on the host that Iam aware of. We added elastic Search extension, But even before adding the extension those OS metrics were not collecting. So I dont think addition of elastic search extension makes any difference. But I see memory metrics is being collected continiously.

Does it require machine agent to be started with an accont with some specific OS level rights?.

Architect

when you added the extension did you set any other flags to off in the controller-info.xml for the agent?

No,nothing was changed in the controller-info.xml, except controller hostname, port and accesskey values

<controller-host>

<controller-port>

<account-access-key>

Hi Sujith,

Did you manage to gather additional metrics on the AIX servers? We have a couple of AIX servers and we will like to use appD to capture complete metrics.

Voyager

Did AppD ever help you through this?  We are having a similar issue with several of our machine agents and we've gotten nowhere with support.