cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Availability Problems after 20.6 update

Hi,

After update to last version 20.6, I can't add a URL to monitor. Each time I try it, the next message appear in screen and in logs.

I mod to many shapes the URL but the same result. I believe it is a bug.

Exist a manner to disable the validation o fix, please.

Screenshot

service.jpg

Logs:

[#|2020-06-09T01:01:49.015-0500|WARNING|glassfish 4.1|com.appdynamics.sim.controller.biz.sam.SamTargetHttpValidator|_ThreadID=4770;_ThreadName=http-listener-1(3);_TimeMillis=1591682509015;_LevelValue=900;|ID000381 Specified target host v1plside01 is a site local address. Site local address is not allowed as host name|#]
[#|2020-06-09T01:01:49.016-0500|WARNING|glassfish 4.1|com.appdynamics.SIM|_ThreadID=4770;_ThreadName=http-listener-1(3);_TimeMillis=1591682509016;_LevelValue=900;|Specified target host v1plside01 is a site local address. Site local address is not allowed as host name|#]

7 REPLIES 7

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Marco Antonio.Montiel Cruz,

Thanks for your question on Community. If you feel like your issue is an actual bug, it's best to send those over to support. 

You can reach AppD Support here: https://www.appdynamics.com/support

If you learn anything from the interaction with support, can you please return back to this post and share those learnings here. This helps build a knowledge bank of answers for the community.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi,

Thanks,

I back to support and after check some of solutions, nothing work. In this moment the problem is with Engineers for a fix the bug or another solution.

I'll update this post after response

At this moment it is in revision by support and sales channel.

Support said that this behavior is normal in the last version, for security reasons.

Their solution was to use a free extension instead, but no reason because we have licenses purchased...

Update soon.

I am facing the same problem now if there is any update please inform us 

@Marco Antonio.Montiel Cruz @Ryan.Paredez 

Hi @Khalid.Abdelrahman,

I spoke to a colleague and they suggested it's best to contact support for this particular issue.

You can reach support by going to appdynamics.com/support

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

@Ryan.Paredez Service availability is no longer supported by Appdynamics it just available for users who still use it.

Excuse me for sharing this info a little late

From On-Premise version 20.10, a solution was released. The support response was:

A flag enable below config:

a) Loop back address - localhost, 127.0.0.1, ::1(IPv6)
b) Site local address - 192.168.0.0/16, 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, fec0::/8(IPv6)

but not:

c) Link local address - 169.254.0.1 - 169.254.255.254, fe80::/10(IPv6)
d) Any local address - 0.0.0.0, ::(IPV6)
e) Multicast address - 224.0.0.0/4(224.0.0.0 to 239.255.255.255), ff00::/8(IPV6)

From Admin Console, search and set to true:

sim.sam.monitor.restricted.addresses.allowed

restart.