cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server disappeared from AppD Console

Hello Team,

We are using AppD SaaS to monitor our servers infra metrics. We noticed one of the windows servers went down on 13th April 2022 but when we checked now (18th April 2022) we are unable to see the entry in console.

Could you please help me whether the entry will be disappeared from console if the server not reported to AppD for any certain period? If yes can you share some details about it?

Thanks,

Selvaganesh E

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Selvaganesh.Elavarasan,

I did some searching and was not able to find anything super specific to your question, but I want to share this link to our AppD Docs page about Server monitoring. 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.10/en/infrastructure-visibility/server-visibility/monitor-your-serve...

Let me know if you find anything that helps - please note the side navigation panel on the pages.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Selvaganesh.Elavarasan ,

Controller regularly purges stale machines.
Please see document below and search for sim.machines.offline.toStaleTimeoutMillis and sim.machines.stale.purgeIntervalMillis.

To know the values for your SaaS controller, you may need to submit a support ticket, but default values are 2 days for sim.machines.offline.toStaleTimeoutMillis and 6 hours for sim.machines.stale.purgeIntervalMillis.

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.