Infrastructure (Server, Network, Database)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Monitoring is not enabled on this Server - Machine Agent Linux

Highlighted
Creator

Hello friends,

I'm new with AppDynamics and have the following problem.

I configured an agent on a Linux server, but I can not monitor it.

In the Linux console, I see "Agent Started Successfully AppDynamics Machine" and in the log, no written errors.

But the manager I get "Server Monitoring is not enabled on This Server" (attached image).

I start the service with the following statement:

/opt/<PATH_JAVA>/jre/bin/java -Xms64m -Xmx64m -Dappdynamics.sim.enabled -jar /PATH_MACHINE_AGENT/machineagent/machineagent.jar

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Producer

Re: Server Monitoring is not enabled on this Server - Machine Agent Linux

Hello,

i'm facing same issue on windows server , i'm using the trial version , does that happen due to trial versions ?

Hi,

To enable server monitoring I think you need to chaneg the value for sim_enabled in controller-info.xml to true and restart the server agent.

Cheers

Bala

Creator

I am with a trial version also

Creator

I have this configuration in "controller-info.xml"

<controller-ssl-enabled>false</controller-ssl-enabled>

<enable-orchestration>false</enable-orchestration>
<sim-enabled>true</sim-enabled>

Producer

Hi,

i also  have same configurations with sim-enabled value = true 

also i go through the agent logs and found the below :

7 Apr 2016 14:13:28,684  INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a license, code=License Lease Failed))

[Thread-1] 07 Apr 2016 14:16:13,983  INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a license, code=License Lease Failed)).

[main] 07 Apr 2016 14:16:21,206  INFO FlexibleX509TrustManager - Using default keystore for SSL certificate validation.

any suggests ?

Regards,

Islam Hosny

Creator

I also gave the error. Try setting to "false" this:
<Sim-enabled> false </ sim-enabled>
And I put it to enabled to start the agent:
-Dappdynamics.sim.enabled

Discoverer

I am experiencing the same issue.  Please note that I have this configuration in "controller-info.xml"

<controller-ssl-enabled>true</controller-ssl-enabled>

<enable-orchestration>false</enable-orchestration>
<sim-enabled>true</sim-enabled>

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Discoverer

I wonder if your controller is enabled.  Check your logs for the message

INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[basic], reason=Features.Reason(message=SIM disabled by controller setting, code=SIM Disabled))

If you are using the SAAS solution, it might not be set up and will need to see if Appdynamics can enable it.  If the controller is on premis, i would check to see if it's been enabled.

hi i have enable sim service but geeting error

Thread-1] 15 Mar 2017 07:35:06,131 INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed)).
[main] 17 Mar 2017 00:01:28,970 INFO FlexibleX509TrustManager - Using default keystore for SSL certificate validation.
[main] 17 Mar 2017 00:01:29,177 INFO HostIdProvider - Default Host Identifier Resolver using host name for unique host identifier [long-perf-z1-ccm1.ipc.com]
[system-thread-0] 17 Mar 2017 00:01:29,381 INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed))
[Thread-1] 17 Mar 2017 00:05:07,681 INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed)).
[main] 17 Mar 2017 00:05:11,354 INFO FlexibleX509TrustManager - Using default keystore for SSL certificate validation.
[main] 17 Mar 2017 00:05:11,567 INFO HostIdProvider - Default Host Identifier Resolver using host name for unique host identifier [long-perf-z1-ccm1.ipc.com]
[system-thread-0] 17 Mar 2017 00:05:11,708 INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed))