cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaaS controller IP address range for EMEA

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to understand what is the EMEA address space used for SaaS controllers. I am looking at the document:

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PAA/SaaS+Domains+and+IP+Ranges

but I am not sure if address ranges mentioned in the "AppD Data Center" are valid for all the regions in the world. Because, when I open "EMEA" tab, there are no IP addresses in there. It says "AppDynamics will provide a unique set of IP addresses at the time of provisioning the Controller within AWS."

What does this mean? Are these addresses provided at the provisioning moment from the same address block mentioned before, or not?

I need to know this because our customers want to allow outbound connectivity to certain IP addresses - they don't want to generally open port 443 for the whole internet.

4 REPLIES 4

Philip.Rogers
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Bojan-

The following information from the docs is correct, "AppDynamics will provide a unique set of IP addresses at the time of provisioning the Controller within AWS."

The customer will receive an email with the IP address range to whitelist at the time of a new SaaS controller creation (not the IPs from the AppD Data Center tab), as we continue to transition from our AppD Data Center to AWS-hosted SaaS controllers.

If this is for an existing customer, a ticket can be opened with our SaaS Operations team to confirm their controller's IP addresses for whitelisting purposes.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well what you are saying is the problem and is the reason to open this discussion.

"The customer will receive an email with the IP address range to whitelist at the time of a new SaaS controller creation"

The customer got the email with the license information, but there is no IP address info inside that email.

Is it some kind of an error, or they should have received the second email with controller IP addresses?

Philip.Rogers
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Bojan-

Thank you for clarifying.

AWS IPs are dynamic but the entire list for whitelisting purposes can be found at their public page here:

https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json

Per our "SaaS Domains and IP Ranges" docs link you provided in your original post, EMEA AWS controllers are in the "eu-central-1" region when filtering from the above json file. 

If you contact AppDynamics support directly with your specific controller URL, our SaaS Operations team may be able to further narrow down the current IP ranges for your controller.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for explaining this to me and pointing to the right direction.