cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to view DB queries

pranav.tatekar
Creator

I have downloaded Appdynamics for POC purpose. For the POC I have to get familiar and test all its components (controller, app agent, db agent, machine agent etc).

I have gone through the online documentation and done the basic setup. I am able to connect to agents and view application transactions. However I am stuck with the db agent configuration.I am able to see queries but I guess they all are system level and not specific to our database. Hence I tried a simple select query on our database using MS SQL Management Studio but was not able to see it under queries tab of database.

The user used to connect to the db agent has all the permissions set as mentioned in the documentation. Could anyone suggest something for the mentioned issue?

Kindly revert for any other details required.

4 REPLIES 4

Rajesh.Putta
AppDynamics Team

Hi Pranav,

Could you please send us db agent logs located under <db-agent-install>/logs along with screenshots of the issue to debug this further

Thanks

Rajesh

Saradhi.Potharaju
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Pranav,

Only queries which take greater than 1s will be picked up by database agent. For SQL server information about all the databases on the instance are captured and not specific to one database.

Regards,
Saradhi

pranav.tatekar
Creator

Hi Rajesh & Saradhi,

Thank you both for the prompt reply.

The inputs provided by Saradhi was really helpful. I created a query that would take more than 1 sec and it was visible in AppD.

I guess this info is not available in the documentation. If that is the case it should be included in the documentation for future users.

Also, can we configure the 1 sec threshold for DB queries?

Cheers!

Hi Pranav,

I believe this is buried somewhere in the docs. Would get this documented
if it does not exist.

The 1s limit is not configurable.

Regards,
Saradhi