cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent not reporting basic metrics to the controller

Sayed.Rahman
Builder

Hello,

I installed SVM agent on Windows Server 2016 boxes. Although, I was able to see the CPU, Memory, and the Network etc. metrics in the first place for a couple of minutes after I installed the machine agent with server visibility enabled. But the metrics are not showing up anymore. I would really appreciate if anyone can assist me in solving the issue.

7 REPLIES 7

Syed

Share the machine agent logs if you can. Without that it would be diffcult to tell what happened.

Thank you for getting back to me but I was able to solve the issue.

Hi Syed, 

Thanks for this information and i am also facing the same issue and please let me know how you can resolve this i also saw only server configuration info not metrics of data 

Thanks

Hello Katakam,

If it is a windows box, Installing a machine agent as a service should solve the issue.

If you have already installed the machine agent, then use the following command to install it as a service:

cscript <machine_agent_home>\bin\machine-agent.vbs
--
Thanks,
Sayed

Thanks for info syed can you please guide me for navigation to install this service

Thanks

Eshwar 

Open up windows command prompt as an administrator and run the following command.

cscript <machine_agent_home>\bin\machine-agent.vbs

Replace the <machine_agent_home> with the home to your machine agent.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Windows+Install+Using+ZIP+with+Bundled+JRE

Thanks for the info sayed you are providing me lots of information. Thanks for that. After we install or configure this where we can find or see logs information in Events section in server option or as service endpoints or in the Business transaction I just want to see failure and warning and success logs information 

Thanks

Eshwar