Infrastructure (Server, Network, Database)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent ignores -Dappdynamics.agent.runtime.dir

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm trying to configure multiple machine agents from one location as per https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Deploy+Multiple+Machine+Agents+From+a+Common+Directory - however the machine agent seems to be ignoring appdynamics.agent.runtime.dir setting.  No matter where or how I set it, whenever I start the agent up I get:

2020-05-14 03:49:55,578 main ERROR Unable to create file /appd-agent/machineagent-bundle-64bit-linux/conf/logging/../../logs/machine-agent.log java.io.IOException: Could not create directory /appd-agent/machineagent-bundle-64bit-linux/logs

As I read the doc, by setting appdynamics.agent.runtime.dir to a different location, the agent should be using that as it's log location - however no matter what I do it doesn't.  Can anyone offer any insight?

I've been trying variants of this command - best I can tell it should relocate the runtime dir under the writeable location /var, but it doesn't.

$ /appd-agent/machineagent-bundle-64bit-linux/jre/bin/java -Dappdynamics.agent.runtime.dir=/var/appd-agent/ -Dappdynamics.controller.hostName=<host> -Dappdynamics.controller.port=<port> -Dappdynamics.agent.accountName=<acct> -Dappdynamics.agent.accountAccessKey=<key> -Dappdynamics.agent.applicationName=<app> -jar /appd-agent/machineagent-bundle-64bit-linux/machineagent.jar

Machine agent ignores -Dappdynamics.agent.runtime.dir