cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log Monitoring in AppDynamics

Eshwar.Katakam
Creator

Hi,

Can anyone help on this i just saw the Appdynamic Extension for Log Monitoring so with this extension only are we able to monitor server logs in app dynamics beacuse we configured our SQL Servers to app dynamics but we havent get any logs releated data on App Dynamics.

we have two SQL Servers we need to monitor logs hitting those servers and find out error and warns logs 

Anyone can help me out on this

Thanks

Eshwar

5 REPLIES 5

gurmitsa
Architect

Hi Katakam.Eshwar,

Log file monitoring extension can only be used if you have a machine agent running on your server.

You should be able to use that extension to count the occurences of Error, Warn or any other pattern in your log files.

You have the ability to configure the pattern you want to count.

Thanks,

Gurmit.

Great Thanks for the reply this will helps for me

Thanks

Eshwar

Thanks gurmista do u know what are the requirements for this to configure in appdynamics i found the process in log extension web page but dont know how to configure this can u please let me know what are the requirements and are we able to configure anything on our server to get log file information into appdynamics

Please suggest

Thanks

Eshwar

Thanks can u please suggest me where i can go and create ticket for app dynamics for this or another issues if face anything

Please suggest me

Thanks

Eshwar