cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Rule or Policy for Database Agent Diagnostics Events

Chad.Caldwell
Creator

Hello,

Is there a way to create a health rule and/or policy to alert when an Agent Diagnostics Event occurs on the database agent? 

We've had a few occasions where a database being monitored ran into issues, most recently the database ran out of space for writing an audit trail, resulting in the agent returning the following error under event type "Agent Diagnostic Event":

ORA-02002: error while writing to audit trail ORA-09925: Unable to create audit trail file Linux-x86_64 Error: 28: No space left on device Additional information: 9925

We do not have the application itself being monitored due to it's java version not supporting tls 1.2, just the oracle database is monitored. But if we can alert on this error it still helps to see issues with the database.

Image attached of the event we are seeing under the Events section of the Database tab.Summary.JPG

Appreciate any advice or guidance on this.

Thanks,

Chad

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Chad.Caldwell,

I found this AppD Docs page that might be helpful. Check it out and let me know.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.9/en/database-visibility/monitor-databases-and-database-servers/data...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thanks for that info Ryan.

Sadly we are still on version 4.5.* so this option is not available.

Might have to move forward with an upgrade soon if there are no other ways to do this.

Chad

Hi @Chad.Caldwell,

Here is the Docs page for 4.5. Not sure if you saw it. 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/4.5.x/en/database-visibility/monitor-databases-and-database-servers/dat...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thanks Ryan.

Yes I did see the docs. I've read all I can think of... searched the KB, Community, Docs etc. but it would appear that it's probably not possible with the version I'm on. I've moved on and am researching what's involved in an upgrade now. I appreciate the replies.

Chad