Infrastructure (Server, Network, Database)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error log file in AppD Controller keeps getting larger

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi,

We see a huge error log file in the Appdynamics Controller server. The file name is AppDynamicsDomain1Service.err.log and it is 15 GB file.

Is it okay to remove this file or shrink it?

path: server\d:\Appdynamics\controller\appserver\glassfish\domians\domian1\bin\AppDynamicsDomain1Service.err.log

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
AppDynamics Team

Re: Error log file in AppD Controller keeps getting larger

Hi Chiragkumar,

The AppDynamicsDomain1Service.err.log log file grows at that rate due to an underlying glassfish bug. Please refer the following article for more information on the issue and workaraound.

How to resolve Glassfish bug causing AppDynamics Domain1 Service logs to grow rapidly

Thanks,

Asha.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Huge Error Log file

After I performed these steps now I can't open appdynamic anymore. I am getting 500 inter server error.

I tried to restart the server but still same error. And service is getting stuck in stopping mode when I try to revert back the steps.

[cid:image001.png@01D30C4D.2C57E810]

[cid:image002.png@01D30C4D.2C57E810]
Highlighted
AppDynamics Team

Re: Error log file in AppD Controller keeps getting larger

Hi Chirag,

The change suggested in the article above should not result in Controller failure. I hope the original ontroller\appserver\glassfish\domains\domain1\bin\AppDynamicsDomain1Service.xml was saved. I hope as this is small change, in case if you suspect this change has caused any issues replacing the original file should resolve the issue and bring up the controller successfully.

Would you please share the original and modified version with us for comparison. Please check if the syntax is correct.

Regarding the 500 errors, please share all the controller logs with us to look into the issues.

The logs can be found under <ControllerHome>/logs/*.

Thanks,

Asha.