cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demo application for appdynamics

santhosha
Wanderer

Hi,

I tried the demo application which is available in this link  "https://github.com/Appdynamics/SampleApp" .

As per the procedure steps mentioned in the above link, I got stuck with this step.

After I entered this command "docker exec -it rest install-appdynamics; docker exec rest start-all" ,  I am getting the below error: 

Error: OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container
process caused "exec: \"install-appdynamics;\": executable file not found in $P
ATH": unknown

Can anybody help me on this error.

Regards,

Santhosh.

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to formatting

4 REPLIES 4

santhosha
Adventurer

Hi All,

Can any body help me to resolve the mentioned error.

Regards,

Santhosh.

Jeanie.Kedia
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

@santhosha were you able to figure this out? Can you share the answer? 

Marc.Pfister
Builder

Dear santhosha

I've deploy the SampleApp around three or four months ago. As i remind i've the same issue as you. I resolved the issue with the following steps:

1. comment out "downloadInstallers" on line 181 in rest/install-appdynamics.sh (Because the download isn't work for me)

2. Download the current app, machine and db agent from https://download.appdynamics.com and store in /tmp/appdagents

3. Change the path on the function installAppServerAgent,installDatabaseAgent and installMachineAgent in rest/install-appdynamics.sh

for example:

installMachineAgent() {
echo "Installing Machine Agent to ${MACHINE_AGENT_HOME}..."
unzip -qo ${MACHINE_AGENT_ZIP} -d ${MACHINE_AGENT_HOME} && rm ${MACHINE_AGENT_ZIP}
}

to

installMachineAgent() {
echo "Installing Machine Agent to ${MACHINE_AGENT_HOME}..."
unzip -qo /tmp/appdagents/machineagent-bundle-64bit-linux-4.5.0.1285.zip -d ${MACHINE_AGENT_HOME} 
}

IIRC i have to do this again in the OverlayFS (/var/lib/docker/overlay2/[...] again after the first run.

On the node.js component you can also activate EUM for the angular part.

Best regards

Marc

Radhika.Puthiyetath
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi @santhosha

We also recommend referring to the response to a similar query posted on the AppDynamics Community.