cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Base Agent error

Hello,

The reason for my question is that I have installed the database agent, but on the Controller, I can't see queries and activities.

When I take a look at the logs, I have the following:

FarzanehDehghani_0-1650462151968.png

and on controller UI I get this message:

FarzanehDehghani_1-1650462239846.png

Thanks for your Help!

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Farzaneh.Dehghani,

Is your Controller On-prem or SaaS? Can you let me know what Controller version you are running? 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan Paredez,

my controller is On-prem and the version is 21.4.4-1301.

Thanks for your Help

Hi @Farzaneh.Dehghani,

I found this information in an existing support ticket. Please use it as general guidelines for potentially helping you debug this and finding a solution.

In the problematic environments, below is the component versions:
controller version : 4.5.17
db agent version: 22.2.
ES version : 4.5.2.20599

2nd problematic Env: 
controller version : 4.5.17
db agent version: 4.5.18

- So we started by checking the 500 error in UI. Also, you were not getting any metrics for wait state/queries or activity tab of the database agent, rest all data was reporting.

- Since this error meant a problem from the ES(Event Service) side, we thought of checking if other components using ES were working or not on this controller but you didn't have EUM or analytics setup.

- But when we went on the Analytics dashboard we could see the "Failed to receive query results [HtTTP 401 Unauthorized]" error there

- So We logged into the admin.jsp and checked if the ES key was correctly stored there or not as compared to the ES properties file. And we could see some keys had mismatch.

- The "on.premise.event.service.key" was not equals to the value of "ad.accountmanager.key.controller" key in the in events-service-api-store.properties file of ES.

- So we fixed it by setting the value correctly in admin.jsp. However still 401 error was showing up.
- We checked the ES file again and noticed that one more key was incorrect. Basically, all these below property value should be same :
ad.accountmanager.key.controller=[Redacted]
ad.accountmanager.key.mds=[Redacted]
ad.accountmanager.key.ops=[Redacted]
However in your case, "ad.accountmanager.key.ops" key was also different from the other two.

- So we added value for ad.accountmanager.key.mds in events-service-api-store.properties as same as ad.accountmanager.key.controller's value and restarted the event service.

- However ES failed to stop due to JAVA_HOME missing. So we set the JAVA_HOME first : 
export JAVA_HOME= "/opt/appdynamics/platform/product/jre/<version>"

- Then it was able to stop and restart. 
- Post restart we reloaded the UI and we could see the error was gone and all the db mon data was also reporting now. 
- So the issue is resolved for this controller and everything is working fine now.  Attaching a few screenshots captured during the call.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.