cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appdynamics monitoring for Siebel

Hi,

I'm looking out for ways to monitor Siebel performance through appdynamics.

The problem is I'm not sure which agent to use monitor Siebel application and Siebel gateway servers.

Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Tim.de Boer,

I should have mentioned giving it a vote (thumbs up) and subscribing to the Idea so you get updates on the status of the Idea. Also, if you have further info to add to the Idea, leave a comment with your use case to provide further content for AppD PMs and other customers.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Tim

We recently instrumented a Siebel Environment - IP17 and since the change in architecture from Siebel from their old setup, we can instrument some of the key components as below as they are all Java based

1. Siebel Application Interface Servers

2. Siebel Gateway Servers

3. Siebel Enterprise Servers

4. Siebel BIP Servers

We have instrumented the above, as well as added End User Monitoring into the Siebel Postload script to track sessions from the Front Ends.

The main components where you can see the actions are the Application interface nodes, which we can now track and correlate the request from the front end with.

The majority of work is now extracting the important data from the Siebel Requests in these Java Components which we have made some good progress on, with the absence of a deep technical knowledge around the internal working of Siebel to know where to extract the data This then enables you to track and build business journey's with, which is our current goal e.g. to see an end-2-end CRM Create Order Journey

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A