Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert on Missing Linux Process

Robert.Koh
Discoverer

Hi Team, 

I am new to AppD.

I am trying to set an alert whenever an important process on my Linux server stopped. E.g. in my Server -> Process view I can locate a class ( fcp_daemon). How can I set an alert if fcp_daemon is missing and I also need to auto-start this service automatically be AppD agent.

Thanks in advance 

Robert

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

I found this AppD Docs page that might provide some information on your question. Here is another URL that is linked to on the same page, but might get you closer to the information you are looking for. Let me know if this helps out or not. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Eric.Miller
Architect

There's an extension built directly for monitoring a process which you can find here: https://www.appdynamics.com/community/exchange/extension/process-monitoring-extension/

There may be another way to do this, (but I haven't tested this myself) by setting up a "Servers" Heath Rule, where you choose a "Custom" metric, then browse down the metric browser > Hardware Resources > Process > (Processname)  then set an alert off cpu% or memory% equals 0 or "has no data" to trigger a policy and action.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.