cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not a customer? Start a free trial

Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.

AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.

Infrastructure (Server, Network, Database)

Accessing Database Query Data From Outside AppDynamics

Dale.Chapman
Builder

We have a transaction processing system that is largely implemented using Oracle stored procedures. Each of the transactions are accessed by calling a shell stored procedure where the text does not change. This means that the query ID of the base transaction will never change. 

I would like to be able to access the database query data so that I can automatically perform some calculations. I have done enough reading to know that the data I am interested in is stored in Elastic Search. 

Here are my questions:

- Can I attach Kibana to this Elastic Search instance? If so, what version of Kibana should be used?

- Can I query the Elastic Search instance using the standard Elastic Search API?

- Has anyone in the community tried to do this? What level of success have you achieved?

Thanks!

Dale Chapman

Tags (2)
By replying you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the AppDynamics Community.