cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS/400 in AppDynamics

David.Campos
Creator

Is there a way to monitor AS/400 using an agent of AppDynamics? I need to monitor AS/400, but I haven't found the way to do it with AppDynamics... How can I monitor it?

6 REPLIES 6

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

HI @David.Campos,

This is what I heard back from a colleague.

There is nothing OOTB (out of the box) except to monitor a Java App using our Java agent (IBM version).

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Ryan,

I'm also looking to monitor java daemon on our AS/400 machine. Is this the Java agent we should use? :https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/IBM+Java+Agent

Hi @Tan.Sai,

Based on what I read, it seems like that would be the one. I cannot with 100% certainty say yes though. 

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

@Ryan.Paredez ,

Can you confirm on your end? 

Hi @Tan.Sai,

Sorry for the late reply, that seems to be the one! Please do report back any learnings/outcomes with your experience if they become relevant to this discussion.

Thanks,

Hi Ryan, and what about setting up a .net app that accesses AS400 DB. Is there an AppD agent for AS400?