cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppDynamics documentation feedback mechanism

Alvin.Atendido
Creator

I am new to AppDynamics (~2 months), just starting to learn the technology.  During this time, I find some documentation can be improved e.g. a link to another page could have been put instead of pure text, ambiguous statements.

Wanting to help improve the documentation to speed up learning (for me and others after me), is there a way to provide feedback per document/web page?

4 REPLIES 4

Alvin.Atendido
Creator

As an example, in https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/appdynamics-licensing/license-entitlements-and-rest... I see this:

AlvinAtendido_0-1667958935741.png

Could the references mentioned under "See entitlements for:" be in links instead of pure text?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Alvin.Atendido,

Great question. On every docs page, you should see a purple feedback button. Click that to start the feedback process. See attached screenshot. 

Xnip_11-09-2022_11-17-AM.jpg

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Alvin.Atendido
Creator

Hello Ryan.  I do not see the "Give Feedback" button though in my Chrome (and Edge and Firefox).  You have any idea why (I see your AppD version is 22.11 and in my mine, the latest is 21.12.  Could yours be a different AppD docs site)?

AlvinAtendido_0-1668051230768.png

Thanks,

Alvin Atendido

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Alvin.Atendido,

I changed my version number to the same one on your screenshot and I still see the feedback button. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it. I'm trying to work with the Docs team to see what's going on. 

You can click on the little carrot icon next to the version number to switch to a newer/older one at any time. 

On my tests, the button showed up for all the versions I randomly picked. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.