cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jsnlog.logger is being logged as error in business transactions

Sujith.Chowdari
Creator

My front end use jsnlog.logger to catch all unhandled exceptions in js code and call a handler in the .Net backend to post the exception details. I have verified this and it is working fine. However in AppD business transactions, this is being shown as an error, not sure what to do with this.. this error is just polluting the whole reporting..

Found the below link, it is talking about something related to overwriting window.onerror event, not sure if this is the cause: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO21/Handle+the+window.onerror+Event

Below screenshots shows what I see on my AppD reporting:

Capture_one.PNGCapture_two.PNG

So I am not clear on why it is being considered an error here.

Any help would be highly appreciated here.

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez for an improved title and minor readability. 

3 REPLIES 3

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi

What would you like AppDynamics to do with this?

You can either exclude the transaction, which will remove it from being monitored at all, and you won't see it in the UI anymore.

Or you can use the Error Detection component to ignore certain messages like this, to keep the business transaction there, but not report as an error.

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Thanks for your response.

What I am trying to understand is why is AppD treating this as error in first place? Though there was no error in that call. If it is confirmed as issue from AppD, I would go ahead and change my error detection settings as you have said.. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Hi Sujith

AppDynamics is working as expected, remember AppD catches Errors which occurs within a Business Transaction context, as well as exceptions. And this also includes logging errors that are thrown.

You state yourself that you are catching exceptions this way, so AppD will alert that it's picking up exceptions.

AppD won't know that you don't want to classify the exceptions as errors.

All you need to do is in the error detection add an ignore rule, to exclude this from setting your Business Transaction as an error.

Hope I made sense:)

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A