cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task with name 'transformClassesWithDexForRelease' not found in project ':app'

hawkep

Can anyone confirm when the 'adeum' gradle plugin will support building using Android's gradle plugin version 3.1.2 ?

I am using 'com.appdynamics:appdynamics-gradle-plugin:4.4+' in my build.gradle

Everything works nicely with the 3.0.1 version of the Android gradle plugin, but the 'adeum' plugin errors when I update to the current production release of Android Studio (that is, 3.1.2)

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Chitra.Lal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Hawkep,

As far as I can see we do not have a specific timeline fixed for this yet. Though I'll once more check and see if we can have any estimates for this and shall notify you accordingly. 

Thanks,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Still facing the issue. Any updates on the support for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3?

Hi Chandra,

It should have work, we don't have support issues seen for gradle plugin version 3.1.2; We are able to compile mobile app with 3.1.2 gradle plugin successfully. 
I am using agent version - 4.4.2.783

Can you please share your build file for review. Better open a support case for troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thanks Chitra for the prompt response.
I was trying various combinations and If I set failBuildOnUploadFeature false, then I no longer get the error. If its set to true, I get the Task with name 'transformClassesWithDexForRelease' not found in project error. Any info on why this happens? 

proguardMappingFileUpload {
// Note: setting failBuildOnUploadFailure to true results in a strange error: "Task with name 'transformClassesWithDexForRelease' not found in project"
// For now, if upload fails, manually upload mapping file to AppDynamics
failBuildOnUploadFailure false
enabled true
}

Hi Chandra,

Just wnated to updat eyou that we have raised this with the Enginerring team and per the initial diagnosis it looks like google changed their plugin again then. We don't have a quick fix for this as this will need to be worked upon with the next stable plugin so fo rnow you can use the workaround by setting failBuildOnUploadFeature to false.

Thank You,

Chitra

Hi Chandra,

Eng team would like you to oncetry with the android plugin version 3.1.2 and the following flag in your `gradle.properties` file: `android.useDexArchive=false`

Would you be able to try this out and let me know if it works? 

Thank You,

Chitra

Sattha.Puangput

Using latest version 1.5.x solved this problem

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.appdynamics/appdynamics-runtime

However, It generate 

WARNING: Configuration 'compile' is obsolete and has been replaced with 'implementation' and 'api'.

v.v