cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting data in AppDynamics

Astrani_developer
Adventurer

Hi,

I followed the Instrument Xamarin Application blog and implemented each and every step in that, but I do not get the data in appdynamics, can anyone please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sai Priya. C

9 REPLIES 9

Mohammed.Rayan
AppDynamics Team

Hi Priya,

Can you please let us know if its an android or ios app and have you followed the below link to instrument it and does the agent logs shows any error?

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Instrument+Xamarin+Applications

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Astrani_developer
Adventurer

Thanks for your reply, I'm following that link only, I have configured the xamarin android application, it does not  show any errors, but the pblm is i didn't get the data like as shown in below figure. It showing no data available.

appdynamicsquestion.PNG

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Priya. C

Priya,

Looks like you are seeing it under the browser but ideally you should be looking under User Experience > Mobile Apps.

Can you check it there once and let me know.

If you still dont see it,Please share the agent logs and the eum-processor logs and the app key

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Astrani_developer
Adventurer

I'm seeing under userexperience > Browser Apps > My Xamarin app, iam using the browser apps for xamarin android app is it correct or not?

Thanks,

Priya. C

Gaurav.Soni
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Priya,

Apps instrumented with Xamarin agent will appear under User Experience > Mobile. 

Only Web application instrumented with our ADRUM JS agent appears under User Experience > Web. 

I believe you are looking under wrong segment. Do you see any applicaiton under User Experience > Mobile? Did you create Mobile application under  User Experience > Mobile and used it EUM APP-KEY to instrument your mobile applicaiton? If not, please create an application under User Experience > Mobile and then use the App-Key shown in wizard to instrument the Xamarin Mobile application.

Regards,

Gaurav Soni

Astrani_developer
Adventurer

Hi Gaurav Soni, 

Thanks for your reply, yesterday i created the mobile android app for xamarin app but i am no getting the values dats y iam using the browser app, but today i used to create the mobile android app and run the xamarin application, i get the data in AppDynamics. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya. C

Gaurav.Soni

Thanks for confirmation Priya. Glad to know you got it working.

Hi Gaurav,

Even i am not getting data in appdynamics it is an web application, however there is one adrum which is showing in red and that adrum is not getting called by adrum-ext and hence i believe data is not able to flow into appdynamics. Possible for you to help me with the same.

[screenshot removed to protect privacy]

Gaurav.Soni

Hi Chirag,

You are getting a 404 for the POST beacon request. The segment of the URL looks fine to me, That means the LB/proxy in between EUM server and browser is forwarding the request to a wrong service which is not EUM. 

I can confirm that because when I hit https://www.royalsundaram.in/eumcollector/ping from my browser I get an error

Error
Error
This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
The incident ID is: 6641332806260758519
The session ID is: N/A

Whereas it should response back "ping" to me. 

So, either the endpoint is wrong or the forward is wrongly configured. 

Regards,

Gaurav