Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting data in AppDynamics for User Experience

schanani
Wanderer

Hello

We are using User Experience module but do not see anything reporting in AppD

We do have adrum key set propely in our web application and it was working fine 4 months ago so not sure if something changed in AppD recently 

Is there any agent logs etc I can check to figure out the problem?

10 REPLIES 10

Mohammed.Rayan
AppDynamics Team

Hi Schanani,

Can you please let us know if this is an on-prem or hybrid setup and also the version of controller and eum server.

We can check the eum-processor/DroppedBeacons/ClientError logs if it's an on-prem eum setup to understand what's going on but before we get there,can you make sure that your instrumented webapp is able to post the beacons successfully to the eum server using the Chrome Developer' s tool or you can share the captured HAR here for us to comment.

Below doc explains the steps to capture a chrome and firefox HAR

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Create+a+HAR+file

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

attaching the HAR file

Mohammed.Rayan
AppDynamics Team

Hi Schanani,

is this a complete HAR file as I don't see any adrum javascript agent getting loaded in the provided HAR

PFB the screenshot of the same.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 12.36.32 PM.png

However,I can locate the ADRUM cookies getting set in the Response header of the cookies and so wanted to know if this is a complete HAR file as I don't see the adrum javascript injetion in the HAR file.

Also, what's the injection mode being used for this app. is it manual or automatic injection. Please confirm

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 12.57.06 PM.png

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

It should be the complete .HAR file as I followed the steps provided in the link and only changed my urls in the file (plaese let me know if there is a way to confirm)

Also, I just now observed that in the agent logs, the adrum key is AD-AAB-AAC-DFG but in my application I am using AD-AAB-AAC-EEE (i.e. they are not matching ). Is it making the difference?

Verion of EUM - 4.2.2.0

Controller is setup in the cloud

From Agent logs

INFO EUMConfig - EUM Enabled: true
INFO EUMConfig - EUM injected JS code template: ;/* Version 62d0f08d9g229ec0e2a347c4a03b777b v:4.2.2.0, c:a21h0bd83u595e1c05aeb3...
INFO EUMConfig - EUM cloud application key: AD-AAB-AAC-DFG
INFO EUMConfig - EUM beacon URL: col.eum-appdynamics.com
INFO EUMConfig - EUM async JS file URL: cdn.appdynamics.com

INFO EUMConfig - EUM geo resolver URL: 

INFO EUMConfig - Global account name: customer1_xxxxxxxx
INFO EUMConfig - Disabling automatic parsing and injection
INFO EUMConfig - Enabling manual injection rules

Hi Schanani,

Thanks for the clarification and I infer both these  app key are inactive in the SAAS EUM Cloud and they are linked to two different EUM Accounts as well.

So, can you please let me know your current EUM Account Name that's shown under the eum section in the License screen of your controller console.

Can you also disable and enable the end user monitoring under the configuration option for your app and verify again.

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

I made the adrum key in my application same as what I was seeing being printed in app agent logs but stil I do not see any updates in EUM (switched on and off the Enable End User Monitoring but no luck)

From . HAR file, is all good or something doesnt looks fine?

Hi,

I dont see the adrum script loaded  in the HAR file provided and hence can you go to the configuration screen for this application and let me know the application key that's shown there and also please confirm that you are using auto-injection mode to inject the java script to your webpage.

You can refer the below link that talks about the application key and where it can be located in the config screen.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Options+in+Using+Manual+Injection+for+the+Browser+RUM+Jav...

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

I have the EUM account  name , please let me know how do I send it to you

Schanani,

Please send it over the private message channel.

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan