cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to find the logs written(instrumentation) form xamarin forms APP IN SITE

Simi.J
New Poster

Hi Team,

I am trying to do appdynamics on a xamarin forms app.

I am getting the crash details.

I have used instrumentation and logging some data from code

public MainPage()
{

var callTracker = AppDynamics.Agent.Instrumentation.BeginCall("MainPage", "Constructor", "Page ConstructorLoading");
InitializeComponent();
try
{
//Label f = new Label();
//f.Text = "Welcome";
//this.Content = f;
AppDynamics.Agent.Instrumentation.EndCall(callTracker);
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
AppDynamics.Agent.Instrumentation.LeaveBreadcrumb("login",AppDynamics.Agent.BreadcrumbVisibility.CrashesAndSessions);
AppDynamics.Agent.Instrumentation.EndCall(callTracker, ex);
}

}

Where can I find these logs in site? I am unable to find this information.

3 REPLIES 3

Chitra.Lal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Simi,

If you want to track your calls or report other types of metricsYou can instrument methods to see how often the instrumented a method is invoked and how long it takes to run. To do this, add a call at the beginning and end of the method you'd like to instrument.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Instrument+Xamarin+Applications#InstrumentXamarinApplicat...)

All this data will be available in the Controller Mobile app UI; should be available in Network Request Analyze and is added to any crash snapshots that may be taken. For anything extra that you might have added to get in logs, should come in either the ios/android app console logs or the mobile agent logs. There is no separate logging for anything other than this. 

Thank You,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Could you please tell me how we can see the android/ios console log and mobile agaent log (the navigation)?

Hi Simi,

Console logs would come when you restart your app, in yourAndroid Studio Console(or whatever tool you are using for building the app). And aprt from this you should have log files named like " appdynamics_eum_android_bci.log" in the build folder. Ideally the log file location is configurable and can be diff for diff customers.

Thanks,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.